Thursday 29 December 2011

First job next week...get back into a good sleeping pattern. Everytime I come back to Cheddar, my sleep pattern goes bizzare (Bizarre? I have no idea!)

So in my last entry, I talked a lot about the more negative ends of 2011 with my depression, but also being very thankful on how God is bringing me to a better place (if you haven't read it, do give it a read. I hope you will be encouraged and perhaps learn more about depression should you feel uneducated in the subject)

But here are the highlights of 2011...

1. So this year, I've been doing a lot of music stuff. I released an EP. I played 3 of my top gigs of all time (My launch gig in July, supporting John Prockter in Taunton and Seaton in August) and have more dates booked for 2012.

I may have told this story before, but ahh well, I love it! In the Prockter gig, I was packing up my car. I had noticed numerous people had taken away free CDs (lush) and a lady approached me, saying thank you. As always I replied "You're welcome" and she said "No, thank you. My non Christian friend was moved by your last song and wants to come to church to find out more about God" Wow. Encouragement? God's plan is huge and although I have no idea on how he is working, he is. He used me. Priviliged? Yes!

2. I was running my "Deeper" youth club and we were doing a session on discipleship. David Shadbolt, a guy hugely into prophecy taught us an exercise I thought we could use on hearing God speak to us. Basically, half your group have their backs against the walls, eyes closed. They have one person in front of them, but don't knwo who it is. They listen to God to give him a word, message, picture, something. One lad (let's call him Rodney) prayed for another lad (let's call him Freddie) and Rodney said "I feel like you are running away" and I thought...well that's not very encouraging. Freddie came to talk to me afterwards about how much this word spoke to him and brought out some stuff going on in his life. Wow! Amazing!

3. Again, with Deeper. My good friend Leah "The Deacon" Bruce called me up maybe...I think in May. She says, "I'd love to do a joint weekend away with you. We come to you, then you come to us!" My word, what a genious. So after a few months of planning, at 9pm on Friday 30th September, a bunch of northers (In comparison to Devon!!) appear at one of my churches. We spend a weekend having lots of fun, eating lots of cake, and talking about God.

We decided to do a talk about sex and relationships...only Leah would talk with the lads and I would chat with the girls. I decided to open up about a few past experiences of heart break and God's view on sex. It seemed to really hit home with them.

I guess seeing God working with those two youth groups and getting to work with a good friend (we did do some work, honest!!) is such a blessing for me. Best part? We'll do it again at the end of next month. Glory? I think so.

4. (I think my last one) I guess just being able to get close to some friends. I find at this age, you know by now who your good friends are. Me and my pal Jamie McSeveney went to see UFC 138 in Birmingham. What a lad! What a night! I'm not a huge sports guy but being into UFC, that was such an experience! Doing music with great people (Big ups to Irve Griffiths, DJ Tribbsy, Emily Hurlock, George McBurnie, Leah again) house group (Sam, Jenna, Bekah, Tribbsy, Sarah, Tom) and my boys who I got to see a few times this year from Cheddar (Rossiter and Pettler) and my flatmates (Tim and Tom)

Even when times are hard, God gives me some amazing people in my life!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment